Friday, October 31, 2008

scratch that

remember when i said that i was not going to write about recipes? well scratch that.

for our wedding, we were given the most amazing piece of folk art. this collective recipe book, with notes and recipes from all those we love, is one of my most favorite possessions. my friend dorit put it together. it is adorable, and titled "love is a book of recipes."

i intend to make every last recipe in the book. i started with bree's recipe for vegetarian sloppy joes, because it sounded too good to resist and i was in the mood for comfort food the other day. the recipe called for vegetable alphabet soup! so good!

my mom read a book recently called julie and julia (she did not recommend it.) the woman spent a year of her life cooking every recipe in julia child's "the art of french cooking." should i try to cook every recipe in our "love is-cookbook" this year? i doubt anyone would give me a book advance for that.

in other news, my husband has a mustache-only today. it is really creepy. looks like he should be registered with the state.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what you're implying, but did I tell you I bought a van? It's awesome, it doesn't have any windows.

Missy said...

Ah ha ha... registered with the state*windowless van*

What's next? Frequent airport bathroom visits?

Unknown said...

is this creeper going to be handing out candy to kids from the van tonight?

Bree said...

Aww. I'm glad you enjoyed the 'joes'. I keep wondering if I put all the ingredients on the list??? I sure hope so. On the other hand, I hope you hubby shaves. He really is creepy. Mine is going to get a 'stash' in a few days and we can't really have to creepy dudes in the circle, ya know?