Tuesday, August 5, 2008

we danced.

A Sunday night Amalgamation! Marika and Regina’s was truly the most beautiful ceremony I have ever been to. During the ceremony in which I listened to some of the most heartfelt thoughts on love and faith and unity, I was struck by how incredibly lucky I am. I have inherited this group of friends that loves each other like family. They have welcomed me and trusted me and allowed me to become a part of.

After dancing to the first few slow songs, I sat down, as I usually do, when the fast music started. But then that Outkast song came on, and I jumped up. Andy jumped up too, and we bounced and danced with these people who we love, who are our family. The next day, my neck was sore from too much head banging, and my cheeks were stuck in a smile.

3 comments:

Staloch said...

So, I thought I was done crying... but you caught me off guard! This is a beautiful summation of what I was hoping guests of the amalgamation would go away with - thank you for sacrificing your neck in honor of the fast dances. We love you.

Reid Peifer said...

oh boy, the next day my neck hurt so bad. and my back. and my shoulder.

thanks for the tacos.

Missy said...

Fantastic! Dance, girl dance!